The whole Gang - (b) Leslie, Sabrina, and Jennifer
(f) Me, Hannah, and Heather
Me and Heather hanging out at the hotel lounge Friday night.
Cheers! to a great weekend!
We spent most of Saturday shopping in downtown Savannah which has a ton of great shops. While we didn't meet Paula Deen, we did enjoy her shop and at least there was a life size cardboard cutout that we could take pictures in front of!
Me and Heather in the Savannah Candy Kitchen. Let's just say that I lost all my willpower when I entered that place and they handed me a sample of a fresh, WARM pecan praline! It was to die for! Don't ask me how I know, but the caramel pecan apple wasn't bad either!
We did take in a little bit of the historical landmarks. Saturday night we enjoyed a horse drawn carriage ride in which we learned about lots of "ghost sightings" over the years. My pics didn't turn out too great, so you'll have to take my word for it.
We ate at some fine restaurants over the weekend as well. Uncle Bubba's (Paula's brother's place) was great for some fresh seafood. Vinnie Van Go Go's offered us some great pizza and salad (even if we did wait over an hour for it!) But, probably my favorite one was the wonderful art gallery and cafe we went to on Sunday morning. There's just something I love about going out to breakfast on a Sunday. It has a different feel than any other day of the week. Lisa - I couldn't stop thinking of you when I was in this eclectic little place. If we ever make it to Savannah together - this is a MUST do!
This was my selection and I was not disappointed. I'd never had a Greek omelet before and it was sure delicious!
After a stop off at some outlets where we tried our best to clean out the Carter's store, we finally got home to our lovely families. My kids were so excited to see me and it hit me how much I missed them when I saw them, too. Can't wait to do it again, girls!
By the way "G Y O F!"

Janet you are toooo funny girl!!!! Yes that restaurant was awesome! And the pizza place...and the candy kitchen...and Uncle Bubbas...!!! Ok it was alllll wonderful!!! I had a BLAST & I hope we plan another trip in the future! GYOF ;)
ReplyDelete