Just wanted to do a little tribute to my honey today since it is our 11th wedding anniversary. There is so much I could say about that day and so much I could write about how we've grown and changed over the last eleven years so I'll try to keep it concise.
The Happy (YOUNG) couple
Just as we were settling into married life (eight months exactly), we found out that we were going to be PARENTS!! It came as quite a surprise, but we embraced it and got ready the best we knew how. Again, I would not recommend having children that early on in your marriage, but looking back I can see why God chose that for us. What I mean by that is that those first few years were HARD and it would have been pretty easy to just walk away had it not been for the "glue" we had in the form of our precious oldest daughter. Not that we just "stayed together for our child", but we chose to make it work and make our marriage better because we had a stronger commitment to our family. That is a decision we have all benefited from. Not to say that it's not still work because it is. Our marriage ebbs and flows as I think all do, but we are committed to one another and our family. And I can honestly say that I love him more than I did the day I married him.
Now onto our Anniversary celebration. Since I have to work all weekend and Gus had a three day weekend ahead, he and the kids are over at the camp at the river with his Mom. So we went out to Carrabba's (our favorite) on Thursday night and had a wonderful dinner. We were seriously overdue for some time together so it was such a treat. We even stuck to our weight loss goals and did not even get any bread!! Now that took some willpower, people! After our dinner, we went over to Target and got ourselves an anniversary present.............. a NEW coffee maker!!! I know, I know - how romantic, right? Well, we have had the same basic coffee maker since we were married and we thought it was time for an upgrade. In our defense, we did have some more romantic gifts for each other, too. I bought Gus an new wedding band (since he LOST his!) and I took my engagement ring to the jewelers to get repaired so I could wear it again.
Here's to many more Happy Anniversaries together!

Happy 11 years Gus and Janet! Your wedding picture is so pretty :) I cannot imagine going to Carabbas and not getting bread! WOW! That's all I eat when I go. I'm a cheap date :) I'm lovin the pic of Gus and Mr. Coffee!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to two wonderful people! What an awesome post, loved it!! I love your wedding picture, yes, you were young, but you both look so good! To funny that you all got a coffee maker for your anniversary!! (-: You both are looking so good and that picture of you at the end of the post is awesome, you look so thin in your face!! Keep up the great work!! Love you both so much!!!
ReplyDeleteHow blessed we are to call you friends. Congrats on the whole sticking to it..in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteJanet, I am so proud of you & Gus. That's what committment is all about. Yes,sometimes marriage is hard but you work through it & the reward is so sweet. One day you'll be like Dad & I be enjoying your grandchildren! Love,Mom
ReplyDeleteHappy 11th, you two! I don't know that anything prepares you for marriage let along parenthood. We were too young, I 20 and yer ma a child of 19. Then Lisa came along my senior year and Jill and you shortly thereafter; just the five of us in Miami 650 miles from the nearest relative. Tough at times but wouldn't trade what we have for all the oil spilled in the Gulf of Mexico. As the song says, "The Best Is Yet to Come." The Lord continue to bless you all. Dad
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!!! I wish you many more years of love and happiness. You look great by the way, and I LOVE that wedding day photo.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! I love a good love story. I'm so glad we are friends. I wish and pray many more wonderful years together.
ReplyDelete