Four and a half years later, my little (well, okay - BIG) baby girl Meagan Ashley came into the world. She was so cute, chunky, and cuddly. We've learned alot as we've traveled this road of food allergies, asthma and such but she is so much more than all of that. She is strong yet sensitive. She is funny, fun-loving, and full of it! She has taught me and challenged me and I can't wait to see the woman she turns out to be!
While Gus and I thought we were done adding to our little family, God had other plans for us. On a hot day in August 2008, we were blessed with a son - Hunter McKinney! I never knew how much I wanted a boy until I had one of my own. He is so loving, funny, and spirited. He melts my heart more than I thought possible by some of the simplest things he says and does. I am so grateful to God for seeing fit to entrust us to raise this wonderful little boy.
And last but not least, I can't let this day go by without paying tribute to my mother. I never understood how much she loved me until I became a mother. I remember our relationship changing after Avery was born. I respected that she stayed home for 10 years until my sisters and I were all in school. Then she worked full time to support us all and tried her best to give us what we needed and wanted. I know those teenage years couldn't have been easy and I wish I could take back some of the things I said and the way I acted sometimes, but I know she loved me even through all of that. That's what moms do. I love the relationship we have today. She is my support, my prayer warrior, my sounding board and most of all, my friend. I love you Mom!!

You made my day...thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteDear Janet,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of the woman you have become. You are such a good mother to my 3 grandchildren. I will always love you and be there for you. I thank the Lord for the relationship we have today. Love, Mom