Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a week!!!

My poor van - let me just remind you all that this is the first new vehicle I have ever owned and that I actually do like driving my beautiful red van!





Well, I hate to be a downer, but since this is my blog about my life, it's inevitable that sometimes the topics won't be so happy and upbeat, right? Let me just say that I've had a really @#$!*@# week!!! Starting on Sunday with my first ever car accident. I was heading to church that evening which I NEVER do - the only reason we were going was to see the kids' camp program that night. I was coming around the corner on the Girl Scout Camp road (those of you who grew up around here know where that is) and this young man pulled out RIGHT in front of me. There was no way I could have stopped in time to avoid hitting him and I slammed smack dab into him. I was pretty shaken, but not hurt at all and neither were the girls who were safely strapped into their seats in the very back of the van. We are soooooooooo thankful we weren't injured. My van however, has some major damage (as you can see from the pictures). I am currently borrowing Hannah and Wes's Saturn Vue while my van is getting repaired. I have no idea how long that will take, but we shall see!


The other fun times I've had this week have involved my teeth. I had a cavity filled and a temporary crown done last Tuesday. Ever since then my teeth have been throbbing and I've been relying on pain medicine to get through the day and night. Just the over the counter stuff, y'all. I'm actually kinda scared of prescription pain medicine to tell the truth. So, I went to my regular dentist this Tuesday and he did a little filing off the tops of the two sore teeth to see if that would help. Well, it didn't help one bit!!! So today when I called them and told them how bad I was still hurting they referred me to a charming endodontist. In case some of you have never had the pleasure of visiting one of those offices - that is where you would go if you needed a ROOT CANAL!!!! Sure enough, after some x-rays and some "sensitivity testing" the dentist determined that I was indeed in need of his services for the tooth that had the temporary crown on it. How wonderful. After some tears, A LOT of anesthetic, and oh about a thousand dollars, I got through it and hopefully will start to get some relief.
So, that's it FOR NOW - it's only Thursday - but I am sure hoping the rest of the week (including work this weekend) is better!
Thanks for letting me vent!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like one hell of a week!!! SO sorry. I know exactly how you feel about your vehicle. My was out of commission for about 6 weeks due to the same type of thing. Not my fault. I am thankful you and your family are o.k. and thanks for trusting all of us with your venting. I hope the rest of your week is a lighter load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday is coming soon. Hold on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! Man it sucks having weeks like that! I hope next week things calm down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza. Will call you soon to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, that is some bad news bears right there! Town & Country & teeth trouble....no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! So glad you are all ok!!!

    ReplyDelete