We had a great first day of the first annual
Kornegay Family
Staycation! It took me a while this Spring to convince Gus that this was a good idea. The main reason being that we really couldn't afford to go where we really wanted to (the mountains of Tennessee). Gus was worried that I would be dragging him to theme parks everyday and once I assured him that wasn't going to happen he was on board. I basically had the notion that we should come up with things that we would do on Saturdays if I had a "normal" work schedule and do them this week. Today started out with a yummy breakfast cooked by Daddy himself.
Actually Gus is a great cook (not just
bbq) and the kids love a hot breakfast since I usually serve cereal!

Then we headed south to Bass Pro Shops in Orlando. I don't remember ever taking Hunter there so I was really excited to see how he would like it. He was pretty overwhelmed, but overall loved it!

The girls loved looking at the huge fish!

Since Hunter's birthday is right around the corner, we went ahead and picked out a few gifts for him. He LOVES his new "pop" gun and set of 4-wheelers. We also got him a pint sized rod/reel for later this week.
Then we headed into the rest of the mall for some lunch. We had never eaten at
Fuddruckers, but it has always sounded good so we gave it a try. We all had a great time and a yummy meal!

Avery really love her cheeseburger - I think she ate every bite!!

I am going to TRY to do a post each day of this week, but we'll see!! I'm usually doing good to get out two or three posts in a month, but I want to try, so stay tuned!!
Jake and Josie love them some Bass Pro Shop! Love Hunter's pop gun. :)
ReplyDelete