As I said in my Easter post, we made a trip up to GA recently. Gus had to work, so I took the kids by myself. Jill had been down here the week before on her Spring Break so we actually
caravanned (is that a word?) up on Saturday and I drove home alone the following Thurs. I was kinda nervous about that but I have AAA, a cell phone and a reliable vehicle so I figured I could conquer it! We actually had a really good trip home and only stopped ONCE!! I couldn't believe it myself. I just got in the zone and kept on driving. Hunter slept
alot and the girls watched their new American Girl
Chrissa DVD which kept things pretty quiet in the van. It was great to see my parents and get away for a while. We didn't do a whole lot - our big outing was up to Cleveland/Helen to the
CPK home. Mom and I took the girls to the Hannah Montana movie one day (really cute!) while Dad stayed home with Hunter and they enjoyed some male bonding. It
was nice to just relax and hang out together!

The kids enjoyed popcorn and TV every night before bed.

Me, Hunter, and Dad at an outdoor cafe' overlooking the
Chattahoochee River for lunch in Helen.

Avery, Meagan, and Mom - bundled up to stay warm. It was a little cool that day!

The girls at
Babyland General in Cleveland. We had a great time and it always makes me feel like a kid again! My grandparents used to take me and my sisters here when we came up for visits in the summer.

Meagan was in her element as much as she loves dolls!
Looks like a fun trip! Glad you had a reliable mechanic work on your car before you left! :)
ReplyDeleteBabyland???? Where is that? Looks like a fun place for little girls. My parents now live in GA as well. It is nice to go and have a low key weekend now and then. Looks like you guys had a nice visit.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen your parents in years. They haven't changed at all. Looks like you and your babes had a great time! A trip sounds good about now..
ReplyDeleteAwe...Meagan looks like she is just thrilled to be in the store with all those babies. Avery is just looking as beautiful as ever. You all look like you were having a great time. It's always nice to get away.
ReplyDeleteAaaaah...Babyland General brings back such fond Cabbage Patch memories. Cute pics! I love the one of the girls all bundled up with Mom.
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! It looks like Babyland General is the perfect place for a girls day out. Makes me wanna take Caroline.
ReplyDelete