
Mom frying up some cubed steak for supper - it was delicious!!

Poppa and Hunter
We just got done enjoying a five day visit from my Mom and Dad (Nana and Poppa). They are on their way home right now and I already miss them. Of course we stay in touch with phone calls and emails, but it is not the same as actually being together and having them share in our daily life. Although I am very happy for them and the successful lives they have in Georgia now, I miss that day to day contact. I miss the meals shared, shopping trips, having them come to the kids' events, giving them baths, reading books, etc., etc..... We did all that while they were here and it was great for all of us - I just wish it didn't have to end. We are grateful that at least we don't live any further away than we do. I know some of you reading this can totally relate to what I'm talking about. For those of you who are fortunate enough to have your parents/grandparents living close enough to share your daily lives, please don't take that for granted. It is such a blessing. I am thankful that we have Gus's parents so close and the kids love their Mimi and Poppa Kornegay very much. I just want my parents close, too!! We're looking forward to our next opportunity to get together. Until then.... We love you Nana and Poppa Harper!!

You give your parents' baths?? JK :)
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. We went two weeks ago to see my family and within an hour of the trip I wanted to go back. I try to hold on to every moment. My dad cries everytime we leave. At least we have grandparents that love our kids, right?
ReplyDelete