
Literally. Drowning. In a ocean of laundry! I normally average about ten loads per week (more if I change sheets), but since the stomach virus plague has hit my house on Friday, I've lost count. Meagan started on Friday morning at 4:30 and since then everyone has fallen victim except ME. I am hoping and praying that I don't get it because who will take care of me and keep up with all the laundry!! You know Moms don't get "sick days". The good news is that is seems pretty short lived. Meagan seems to be better by now. Gus's started on Saturday and ruined his fishing trip and men's fellowship with the church. He is feeling a bit better by now, too. Hunter started this morning while the girls and I were at church. He was so sweet, cute, and pitiful when I got up from a nap this afternoon. He was in his diaper and so cuddly. He's sleeping now and hopefully he'll be okay tomorrow. Tonight I was catching up on the TV I've DVR'd the past few days and folding laundry (what else?) when Avery succumbed to the illness. Let me just say that pizza throw up has got to be some of the worst stuff I've EVER smelled and you can bet that in my 10+ years as a nurse in a hospital that I have smelled some dang rank smells!! You can take that one to the bank! Anyway, so now the throw up sheets, etc. have moved to the front of the laundry line since I can't stand to have those things stinking up the place for any length of time.
The only GOOD thing about all of this could possibly be the timing. What I mean by that is my parents are coming down next weekend for a visit and I'm sure glad we're sick now instead of then. We cherish the time we get together and I don't want any sickness getting in the way of some good old fashioned spoiling from Nana and Papa. Hey, I'm trying to be positive here! Hope all of you are well - don't come near our house and maybe you'll be saved!

Great post, Janet! I mean...not great that your fam has the yucks and the pukes, but you made it very informative and comical. I'm hoping you don't have your turn. I just can't believe that I didn't pick it up when I was there? Whew! Close call. =)
ReplyDeleteI hate to hear that your house was hit with the plague! And you're right...moms don't have time to get sick, it's like our immune system fights it before it ever really reaches us. Anyway, I hope everyone is better by this weekend :)
ReplyDeleteDon't ya just hate those nasty stomach bugs! When it hits it sure does a number on the family and the laundry. I hope everyone recovers in time Valentine's Day so they can be loved on by your parents!
ReplyDeleteDid you say it interrupted you watching your DVR??? That's got to be terrible!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI was just feeling the same way. Worse than washing the laundry is putting the dang stuff up. Neverending. I am on book 2 of breaking dawn and can't seem to get into the whole Jacob thing. Does it get better? Gosh, I hope so. I want to find out what's up with the vampire baby...
ReplyDelete