Thursday, June 24, 2010

What a Wonderful Weekend!

I am really getting used to this "family time on the weekend" thing. This past one was a whopper! We had a nice long visit from Lisa and we packed lots of fun into three days.
The girls' dance recital was Friday night. It was great to see all those hours of lessons pay off. They did awesome. Click on over to my sister's blog for much better photos of the event. She was the official photographer.
Aunt Lisa and her girls....

Saturday morning, the fun continued with a HUGE surprise for Avery. We were blessed to be given a horse by a friend of Gus's. He went and picked it up and we brought Avery out blind folded to see what we had for her. The look on her face was priceless! It truly was a dream come true!

Getting to know each other. Jasmine (she came named, but it was perfect!) was enjoying a nice cool bath at her new home.

Lisa and I went antique shopping in Wildwood that afternoon and Sat. evening we all went to see Toy Story 3. It was great, but bittersweet in the end. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about, if not - I won't ruin it for you.
Sunday was Father's Day and we spent some time honoring our sweet Daddy, Gus. Avery and I made him this mug at Amazing Glaze. Avery picked out the Gator theme. One side has a "G" and the other side says "Fear the Swamp." He loved it!
I know every weekend can't be this fun, but it's so nice to have some time off work that just a simple weekend at home will probably still feel just as great to me!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for Avery! I know she's gonna love that! Jasmine is such a sweet name that's the one Josie would've picked no doubt. It's funny that she was already named that! The girls look so cute in their dance outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend indeed! Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete