Friday, January 29, 2010

January Wrap-Up

This month started out COLD here in FLA! I'm not complaining - I actually enjoyed it and I love getting to bundle up the kids in their winter wear. Hunter does not like hats, but tolerated them when I made him wear them on some of those mornings when we were in the 20's and 30's.



A big milestone this month, was Whitney and John's 1st birthdays! We were able to visit with them some on their actual big day and also enjoy the big family/friend party that weekend. Can't believe how fast this year went by! Aren't they so stinkin' cute???



After putting away all of the Christmas decorations, Gus got the toddler bed frame down from the attic for Hunter. Gus thought he was ready. I was fine leaving him in his crib, but I agreed that I thought he'd do well in a toddler bed, too. Hunter had a good time getting out his tools and helping Daddy build his bed!

First night in his bed went fabulous! He was very excited about his bed and has been sleeping great since!


Sabrina, Ryan, Avery and I spent the other morning volunteering by making cards for hospital patients. It's part of the Disney campaign of "Give a day, Get a day". As in, get a FREE day at a Disney park! It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to spending another day at Disney with Avery later this year.

Hannah (well, Addie) got two kittens and I had to post a picture of Hunter loving on one of them the other day when we were at her house. He loved them and they were sweet enough to tolerate a two-year-old's affection.


On the calendar for February : I'm working a little extra, I'm in the middle of re-doing Avery's bedroom, looking forward to a mid-month visit from my parents and of course, Valentine's Day. Homeschool is going great - Avery started a PE and Art class in Ocala on Wednesdays and she loves it. I'll blog again with pics of Avery's new room as soon as I get it done!

1 comment:

  1. I'm complaining! I'm OVER the cold weather. I need some sun! Congrats on the big boy bed. That is a big milestone....no more cribs in the house. hmmmmm....maybe you should fix that.

    ReplyDelete