We just got back from a three day beach trip over to the west coast. Gus is not crazy about the beach and didn't want to take his week's vacation to go there so I asked my sister Lisa to go with us since I knew I couldn't do it alone. I really do like the beach and I knew the kids would love to get away for a few days, plus Hunter has never even been to the beach so I figured it was time. The weather was perfect and we did have fun despite the accommodations being less than what we were expecting. Basically, it was a dump but we made the best of it. For a much more detailed and creative description, head on over to my talented
sister's blog. We were frequently reminded of the movie "Summer Rental" with John Candy. If you've never seen it - you must!!
We enjoyed collecting shells, playing in the sand and the ocean, swimming in the pool, a shopping trip to John's Pass Boardwalk, eating out at Sculley's, and even taking in the movie "UP". By the time Wednesday rolled around though, we were ready to come home!!

Lisa took this sweet picture of the the girls sharing a moment together. Why can't they always be like this???

Enjoying a walk on the beach at sunset.

Hunter was very content to play in the sand and loved being covered in it from head to toe!

Aunt Lisa and Meagan cooling off in the water. Meagan was still kinda scared of the water and preferred to curl up in a towel and hang out on the shore. Lisa and I often referred to her as the "Diva!"

Avery was by far the easiest one to entertain at the beach. She loved to swim and collect shells. She did get a little burned on the first full day, so day two wasn't as great, but she was a trooper anyway!

Hunter and Meagan making their masterpieces

All morning of playing on the beach plus a dip in the pool makes for a very tired little boy!
Great post! I had a blast even though I was cursing at the end. heehee... Love that picture of me and Meagan. Will you send me that one too?
ReplyDeleteOh Jananae! Our family so desperately needs a beach trip! Your pictures made it look so easy! I guess the older they get the easier it gets....we'll see. I love the shot of Avery and Meagan together! And Hunter snoozing is too darn cute.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the picture of Meagan in those sunglasses! Too cute! It looks like a lot of fun. I love the beach! You're a good Mommy to take them without Gus!
ReplyDeleteWe love Maderia!!! That is where the Jill and I share a condo......lots of great memories there!!! Your pictures are so sweet.....Avery is growing to be such a beautiful young lady!!!
ReplyDeleteI was at Treasure Island all last week! We could have met up and let the boys play! Glad you had a good time...the beaches there are the BEST!
ReplyDelete