On May 29th, Gus and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We had talked about going on a cruise, but never really made plans to do that so we decided we'd just go away for one night. Gus arranged for his mom to come to our house and watch the kids for us - Thank you Katrina!! I took Saturday night off work and we headed over to St. Petersburg. Gus found a beautiful hotel for us to stay in - the Renaissance Vinoy. It is a very historical place and it was in downtown St. Pete. We were able to walk around the area and enjoy the park, shops and even eat at a great restaurant without having to get back in the car.

The hotel wasn't right on the beach, but it was by a marina

Gus really pulled out all the stops and took me on a carriage ride around the park while we enjoyed some delicious gellato!

Okay - my FAVORITE part of the weekend was that we ordered room service for breakfast and I got to lounge in the wonderful king size bed, read the Sunday paper and eat this yummy meal! Oh yeah and NO KIDS to tend to!!!!!!!

We did drive over to the coast for a quick walk along the beach before it was time to head home. It was a perfect weekend and we can't wait til next year to do it again! I think we've found a new tradition!!
Janet ... Congrats on 10 years... It sounds like you both had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Can you even believe you're old enough to put "married 10 years?" For real it's crazy. I went to graduation Friday and it's been 15 years since mine. This class song was the same as our C/O 94 song. Too funny! My favorite part would've been the breakfast in bed too...more like lunch in bed cause I'd probably still be sleeping if I was kidless :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! 10 years is a big deal! Can you believe how fast the years are going by?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 10 years!! The beach is the next best place in the world next to being home :) Joey and I try to make our anniversary a beach trip also. We usually write the date in the sand and take a picture of it :) I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with your husband. Isn't it amazing how one good night away can give you the drive for weeks to come!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a great way to celebrate 10 years! That breakfast looks sensational!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful tradition.
ReplyDelete