
Well, I know to many of you fellow Floridians, you can relate to my title! For those of you friends and family further north, you are probably thinking - "yeah, right". But trust me, for us down here, 25 degrees while we were waiting for Avery's bus was pretty bad!
Now, maybe some of you are thinking, "Man, Janet must be really bored/boring to be blogging about the weather!" However, when I started this blog, I didn't just want to write about what my family or I did every day, but rather my feelings, thoughts, etc. So, what all this cold weather makes me think about is how thankful I am to be so blessed that I could feed my family a nice warm supper of soup and cornbread last night. How blessed I was to give my children warm baths, put them in cozy pajamas, and tuck them into their comfy beds last night. I also have a new appreciation/understanding for the way my Dad used to tell us to put on socks/pants to warm up instead of turning up the heat when I was a kid. Plus, I actually like this break from the heat! You know down here we can wear shorts about 10 months of the year and I actually enjoy putting on a cozy sweatshirt and jeans every now and then! Oh, and one more thing to be thankful for the cold - my husband is like a human electric blanket at night! Stay Warm and Cuddle Up everyone!
Now, maybe some of you are thinking, "Man, Janet must be really bored/boring to be blogging about the weather!" However, when I started this blog, I didn't just want to write about what my family or I did every day, but rather my feelings, thoughts, etc. So, what all this cold weather makes me think about is how thankful I am to be so blessed that I could feed my family a nice warm supper of soup and cornbread last night. How blessed I was to give my children warm baths, put them in cozy pajamas, and tuck them into their comfy beds last night. I also have a new appreciation/understanding for the way my Dad used to tell us to put on socks/pants to warm up instead of turning up the heat when I was a kid. Plus, I actually like this break from the heat! You know down here we can wear shorts about 10 months of the year and I actually enjoy putting on a cozy sweatshirt and jeans every now and then! Oh, and one more thing to be thankful for the cold - my husband is like a human electric blanket at night! Stay Warm and Cuddle Up everyone!

Girl, Im still freezing! I cant wait for it to warm up! I wanted to do the leave the water running last night. But we tried it twice last week and it didnt work so Larry didnt want to try again, but we might tonight!
ReplyDeleteIt shol is cold this week! Sounds strange, but it actually seems colder here than it was up North last week. Guess b/c I'm not all layered up in Cuddle Duds and poufy coats. =)
ReplyDelete