I don't really know why, but my idea of family bonding includes playing games together. I guess it stems from the memories I have of playing Trivial Pursuit as a kid with my family. And when I say "my family" I mean myself, Jill, Lisa, and Mom on one team playing against my Dad and he STILL won! Any of you that know my dad are not surprised by that!
Anyway, with the age ranges of my kids (from 2 years to 9 years), unfortunately we've never done many game nights. Well, at least ones that were "successful." But last week, I just decided after supper that we were going to try it again. All the kids got bathed and we had about an hour before bedtime so we dug all our favorite games out of the front closet and began the family fun! Hunter was able to play "Hungry Frogs" and he really likes "Connect Four."


The girls and I mostly played a good game of "Chutes and Ladders." Avery and Meagan got bummed when they landed on a chute and had to go back, but that's part of playing a game, right?


All in all, I would say the night was great and I think the kids loved having our undivided attention. I see many more game nights in our future! Any suggestions for our age range of kids you think we might enjoy together?
No comments:
Post a Comment